Friday, February 13, 2015

Do Small Things With Great Love

I found the quote "do small things with great love" in an image on The Caregivers Space.  This phrase spoke to me.  I used this in Philly Cure HD's February E-Newsletter and on my Facebook cover photo.  Now I am using it again for the theme of this blog.  Daily our Huntington’s disease community is “doing small things with great love."  Each “small thing” is so big.

This past week someone bought and sent a sympathy card.  That is not big.  It was not a big that someone brought a pizza into a nursing home.  It took only a few seconds for a friend to share an interesting article "Our Amazingly Plastic Brains."  When a person fixes someone their breakfast and washes the dishes it is a small thing.  It is a small thing when someone walks away when a person with Huntington's disease is constantly complaining.  When a person takes medications to reduce his anxiety it is not so big.  I could write on for a long time about the "small" but important things I see happening in the Huntington's disease community.

It is a small thing but next Saturday Philly Cure HD is having a Hearts of Hope Social GatheringThe chance to talk together is small yet big.  We are going to make Hearts of Hope to share with individuals in nursing homes.  We hope that you will join us in such a small things.

As you read this I encourage you to count the "small things" you are doing "with great love."




I CAN BE REACHED 

BY PHONE AT 215-219-3521,

 BY EMAIL AT JOANNEHDCARE@PHILLYCUREHD.ORG,  

I ALSO REGULARLY POST ON MY 

FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE+  PAGES. 


 I ALSO MANAGE PHILLY CURE HD'S 

WEBPAGE, 

FACEBOOK , 

GOOGLE+,

 PINTEREST, AND YOUTUBE PAGES.


1 comment:

  1. This wonderful quote is from Mother Teresa. We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love.” I used this lovely quote when I worked in Hospice. My three sister-in-laws died of Huntington's disease.

    ReplyDelete