Thursday, January 29, 2015

Live Well with Huntington's disease

The words live well with Huntington's disease will hold different meaning for each individual who hears them.  I ran across the phrase "live well, laugh often, and love much."  Does this phrase explain what I mean?  Yes but this and much more.  I guess when pushed to describe what I mean by live well with Huntington's disease I say that each person has to choose a life style that works the best for them.


So what can I do to help others live well with Huntington's disease?  Since eating well and getting a good night’s sleep are important, I share reminders like the recent HD Buzz's article "HD and sleep.”  I encourage them to find laughter in their life.  After I found myself chuckling when viewing a video "Head Stuck" I posted it on my Facebook page.  In our Caregivers Gatherings we often talk about how sticking to a routine is a great way to keep stress levels lower.  When a friend could no longer work due to his HD, I helped him explore volunteer opportunities.  Now his work, in a nursing home, gives meaning and purpose to his life.  I share tips with caregivers.  Tips like everyone is entitled to an occasional meltdown and the importance of accepting help.

What do you do to live well with Huntington's disease?

Living with HD in your life is hard so it is important that you live well with Huntington's disease.  




 I CAN BE REACHED 

BY PHONE AT 215-219-3521,

 BY EMAIL AT JOANNEHDCARE@PHILLYCUREHD.ORG,  

I ALSO REGULARLY POST ON MY 

FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE+  PAGES. 


 I ALSO MANAGE PHILLY CURE HD'S 

WEBPAGE, 

FACEBOOK , 

GOOGLE+,

 PINTEREST, AND YOUTUBE PAGES. 


No comments:

Post a Comment