Monday, November 17, 2014

Personalized Huntington's Disease Support

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2014

Personalized Huntington's Disease Support

In January of 2004 I had the privilege of training with a wonderful woman, Gloria Fritz, who shared her wealth of knowledge about supporting the Huntington's disease, HD, community.  Up until this time I had been working with non-profit organizations that supported individuals who were intellectually and developmentally disabled and with individuals with mental health issues.  From all my various employment and career mentors and from what Gloria shared, I learned that support for an individual has to be personalized.  This belief, the need for personalized support, has been and continues to guide me as I provide "Support for the Huntington's Disease Community"

As I continue to blog, I will be sharing my thoughts and ideas around support to our HD community.  Yet I encourage each of you to recognize that your needs are specific to you, that they are different than other reader’s, and that you need to adapt and personalize your own support.  I hope you will communicate with me about your personalized needs and supports and that you follow my blog "Support for the Huntington's Disease Community".

For other support I can be reached 

by phone at 215-219-3521,

 by email at joannehdcare@phillycurehd.org,  

I also regularly post on my 

facebook and Google+  pages. 


 I also manage Philly Cure HD's 

webpage, facebook , google+, pinterest, and Youtube pages. 




No comments:

Post a Comment